In its first iteration, released alongside the Galaxy S8, DeX required dedicated hardware in the form of the DeX Station. With the Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy Tab S4, DeX no longer required a special dock and instead worked with supported USB Type-C to HDMI dongles. Now, the latest Linux on DeX beta update officially adds support for the Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e/S10 5G, and Galaxy Tab S5e.
However, the outstanding prices of both the products will force most buyers to overlook their respective shortcomings. Xiaomi has started rolling out Android 10 builds of MIUI 11 beta for the Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi K20/Mi 9T, Mi MIX 3, Mi 8 SE, and Mi 9 SE. In a tweet, Xiaomi shared a roadmap for when it plans to begin rolling out the MIUI 12.5 update for supported Mi and Redmi devices. The Redmi Note series has inarguably been Xiaomi’s most successful product lineup across Asia, and the recently launched Redmi Note 7 series has been one of the best selling products in its segment. At an event in China, the company has now launched the next generation in the Redmi Note lineup — meet the Redmi Note 8 and the Redmi Note 8 Pro, launched alongside the RedmiBook 14 laptop and Redmi TV. The team behind the popular LineageOS custom ROM has added LineageOS 17.1 support for the OnePlus 7T Pro, Redmi Note 8/8T, and Xperia Z3 series.
XiaoMiTool V2 is an unofficial tool for managing Xiaomi phones. This tool downloads the latest official ROM, TWRP and Magisk and it decides the best way to install it on our device.
- The AOSP-based ROM is created by XDA Recognized Developer Agent_fabulous, who is also the maintainer of this particular phone.
- In case you wish to further improve your Note 8’s performance, you can also try out the new BaeBae kernel.
- There are many additional features in our application that will be useful to you, these are just a few of them.
- Recovery ROM for India (IN) Redmi Note 8 is Stable release and needed to flashed under the Recovery mode of your Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) device.
- The folder contained required XIAOMI REDMI NOTE , Flashing Tool and compatible USB Driver as require firmware files.
Although the ROM is fairly usable, the list of caveats is significantly long at this stage. VoLTE and NFC (on global variant) are not working and the full resolution of the camera sensor can’t be utilized at this moment. Moreover, the fingerprint sensor can be glitchy from time to time. You can try it out on your phone by following the link below.